This is an old revision of the document!
Set up live video streams using FMLE
You can also use Telestream Wirecast
1) In the lightcast admin site, set up 2 different live streaming consoles. Make sure both of them are set to the same ingest point… usually Dallas
2) In Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE), set up the first stream and confirm that it is working.
Make sure to set video format to h.264. If you are doing mobile streaming, you will need to set the h.264 profile to Baseline. Setting h.264 profile in FMLE
If you are on a mac, set audio to AAC Mono, 44100, 48 kbps. If you are on windows, you can only use AAC audio if the Mainconcept AAC encoder is installed ($180.00)… otherwise, set audio to MP3 Mono, 44100, 64 kbps.
Initially only set 1 bit rate / output size for video. Copy and paste the FMS URL and Stream from the webcam tool.
For working with the church online platform, the size should be either 480×270 (16:9 widescreen) or 480×360 (4:3). We recommend the video bit rate of somewhere between 400 - 600k, although you can use a higher rate if desired.
3) Set up the second publishing point in FMLE. Add a semicolon ; to the end of the stream name and enable the second video bit rate. Use the webcam tool on the lightcast site for the second console you created and copy and paste the stream name after the semicolon in the Stream field in FMLE.
For iOS streaming, we recommend setting the resolution to 320×180 (16:9) or 320×240 (4:3) and a bit rate between 200 and 300k.
Start the stream and make sure both are working.
Set up in church onine platform
1) On the lightcast site, use the embed builder for the first live streaming console you set up. Set the resolution to either 480×270 or 480×360, depending on whether you are shooting widescreen or not. Update the player and copy the embed code.
2) In the church online admin, in the event settings, paste the embed code where it says “event video embed code”
3) On the lightcast site, use the embed builder for the second live streaming console you set up. Set the resolution to either 480×270 or 480×360, depending on whether you are shooting widescreen or not. Update the player and copy the embed code. This is not necessarily the same size you are broadcasting at, but it will make the video fill the available area on the church online platform.
4) In the church online admin, in the event settings, paste the embed code where it says “low quality event video embed code”
5) WARNING: MANUAL STEP SUBJECT TO CHANGE - In the lightcast admin site, build out a direct link to the iOS stream. Use the webcam too. Copy the Publish server. Replace “rtmp” with “http”. Add “_definst_” at the end. Copy and paste the stream… eveything before the “?”. Add “/playlist.m3u8”.
Take the result and replace URL_GOES_HERE with your completed video URL.
<video src=“URL_GOES_HERE” width=“320” height=“180” controls=“controls”></video>
6) In the church online admin, in the event settings, paste the video tag where it says “mobile event video embed code”